Our lawyers who specialise in Children Law can give friendly advice in all aspects of the Law relating to Children.

Child Arrangement Orders

If the arrangements surrounding the Children cannot be agreed between the parents direct, this is the Order sought by most parents following separation.

Such an application asks the Court to determine: -

  • Who a child is to live with;
  • Who they are to spend time with; and
  • How (i.e. supervised or unsupervised)

Each case is determined on its own unique facts. Here at John Boyle Solicitors we have experience in acting not only for the parents but extended family members, including Grandparents.

See the attached guide for further information on what the Court will consider when dealing with an application for a Child Arrangement Orders.

Child Maintenance

Our experts can advise parents on what financial Orders are available to the Court for the benefit of any child following separation.

Such advice may include: -

  • lump sum payments;
  • periodical payments;
  • secured periodical payments; or
  • the transfer or settlement of property

We can also give guidance regarding the level of maintenance that the Child Maintenance and Enforcement Commission (formerly the Child Support Agency) may award.

If the parents of a child were married prior to separation, you may be able to obtain additional financial assistance from a former spouse as part of the divorce proceedings.

Care Proceedings

Care proceedings can include;

    • Supervision Orders
    • Care Orders
    • Adoption
    • Special Guardianship

We act for parents, children and extended family members.  If you are involved in care proceedings it is important that you are represented by a specialist Solicitor. At John Boyle Solicitors we have many years experience in acting in such cases and supporting our clients. We regularly  conduct our own advocacy. All of our Solicitors who carry out this type of work are members of the Law Society Children's Panel.


Many of our expert lawyers are members of the Law Society Children Panel.

Legal Aid is available to those who qualify - You can check your eligibility for Legal Aid here.

Free Guide to Child Arrangement Orders

Download this free John Boyle Solicitors guide